Life in Canada
Canada is a great country in which to study and live. It’s friendly, safe, peaceful, and it has a high standard of living. We love it…and you will too!
While Canada is a great place to live, it’s probably a bit different than your home country. Here are some things you should know about most Canadians:
- When it comes to policies and prices, Canadians don’t negotiate.
- Canadians don’t differentiate between genders or ethnicities.
- Most Canadians are appreciative and are polite.
- Canadians are understanding to religious differences.
- In restaurants, you generally don’t get extra food for free, such as a small salad. Servers often expect tips of 15% or more.
- In Canada, you won’t get anything for free, so don’t be surprised if you pay for a plastic bag at a grocery store.
- Respect of cultural differences is very important